Singing Flowers

I had some fun this afternoon making some musical paper flowers for Wonder Woman's birthday. She likes a quiet, understated birthday, and I thought these might fit the bill. She loves music!


 I used:

  • off white card stock
  • an old hymnal
  • a round, scalloped paper punch
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • small shank buttons
  • craft wire (mine is green, but use what you have)

 First, I sat and punched a pile of round shapes. For each flower, I made 2 off white cardstock, and 7 hymnal punch outs.

Leave the cardstock punch outs flat. Fold the paper circles in half and then as you see above.

 Put a pea sized dot of glue in the center of a cardstock circle. Place 4 folded papers on it, points in the center. Place another dot of glue in the center. Place three folded pieces as a second layer, points to the center. Glue a button in the center.

 Cut a length of wire, glue it to the back of the flower. Glue a second cardstock circle to cover it. Make as many flowers as you wish, on different length wires.


I filled a jar with beans and tucked the flower stems down in. Use any vase. If you have one with a smaller neck, it won't need beans. 

Take your Vitamin C!

1 creative thoughts:

Joy! { September 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM }
Love my singing flowers :o) Thank you so much for the hard work you put into these little beauties and even more so, thank you for blessing me with them.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com