Pink Necklace Re-Design

This necklace was destined to be re-made. It is something I do. I highly recommend it. Sometimes I don't like what I did. Sometimes I get tired of a piece. Sometimes I don't really like some of the beads in the piece as much as I thought I would. This necklace won the trifecta.  All of the above.

I remember making it, it has been quite a few years. I was sitting in my friend Joann's kitchen. The necklace got worn once and it has been hanging on a hook since then. Look how tarnished the silver is. 

So, it got a re-do today. I cut it all apart and put away the beads I didn't like anymore.

The bali silver needed a clean up, and I could not find s sunshine cloth. So, I took them to the bathroom sink and rubbed them down with toothpaste. There is just enough abrasive in toothpaste to remove the tarnish. Just put some in your hand and rub. And they smell minty fresh!

 Here is the re-design. It is a little longer, a length that I wear better than a choker length.  I kept the asymmetry without the busyness.  


All of the discs give it a slight Jetson-ish feel.  I think I will wear the re-designed version. And if not, I will take it apart and try it again.

Just takes a little Vitamin C.



3 creative thoughts:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) { September 8, 2013 at 7:10 PM }
Thanks for sharing, Kim... I thought I was the only person who tore things apart! My most frequent excuse is that my tastes change, even a piece I once loved can go on the chopping block.
Karin Slaton { September 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM }
Longer, leaner and with a fantastic pendant focal. Another trifecta, I'd say!
Kim { September 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM }
Monique, me too. It's like getting new beads without getting new beads.

And, thank you BB!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com