Surprise!

 As a freelancer, sometimes I do a little work for someone and I never hear back from them. Human nature being what it is, I am then convinced that they hate me and my work. A couple months ago, I did a handful of beaded pieces for Plaid. They gave me about a two minute deadline. Well, two days, really, but that is a super short deadline to ask someone to meet. But, I dug in and met it. I mailed my pieces in, they sent me a check, but they never communicated if I met their objectives or I completely failed... Nothing. Not one word.


So, imagine my surprise when I was wandering through Jo-Ann's tonight and saw this header to a new line of lampwork beads from Plaid. The bracelet on the left and the bracelet on the right are projects that I made them. Guess they liked them alright!


Wahoo!
Use your Vitamin C and be surprised!

2 creative thoughts:

Therese's Treasures { May 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM }
Hi Kim,
Congratulations you are nationwide. Now when I see the poster above the Plaid beads I will say "I blog with the creater of these pieces!"
Therese
Cindy { May 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM }
Congrats, Kim! That is huge accomplishment. I will definitely be on the lookout for your work when I'm in JoAnn's next...can't wait to see these ads in person!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com