Miscellane-ick


 Pronounced miss el ay knee ick. More on that later. The girls came over today. We knitted. It was their first time.  

 I admit, I am not a great knitting teacher. But, we managed. It was fun to see their progress.


 They did not get too far, but they did learn casting on, knitting and casting off, so they can go home and do it on their own.



After knitting, we dumped out a couple containers of horrible beads. I cannot say why I save the bead failures, but I do. My nieces used to like to pick through them. The rule is that you can take anything from the bad beads, but you are not allowed to say who made them. Hence, the not-close up photo. 


The best part of the process is that the bad bead collection has a new name. It is miscellane-ick...sort of miscellaneous but also a big pile of ick.


Share your Vitamin C!

3 creative thoughts:

Janet { January 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM }
Oh my gosh - I do this too. Save my bead rejects. I call mine BUB's - (butt-ugly-beads). I put them all in a jar and made a lamp out of it - kept in my work space - not where anyone else can see them.

As always I find your posts, engaging and inspirational.
votemom { January 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM }
none of the pics show...?
Kim { January 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM }
Uploaded again. I wish I knew why that happens sometimes.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com