Procrastination Art

 Tonight, while I was procrastinating packing for my mission trip, I painted. This is a different style than I normally do, so it was experimentation for me. In the end, I like parts of it and see other parts that I wish I had done differently. 


 The canvas was basecoated blue. Then I added torn paper shapes.


 The addition of some paint.


 And then some detailing.



A little texture.


I wish there were more flowers, I think I could add some tomorrow. I wish I had put the pot lower on the canvas. It looks like it has been cut off at the top. And I am also wondering if I need to add more to it. I will take another look tomorrow and see what comes to me.


Take your Vitamin C!

3 creative thoughts:

Skye { August 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM }
Hmm... you could add something on the table beside the vase to be 'the focus' and draw the eye down a bit so the cut off flowers aren't noticeable? Maybe a few petals or fallen flowers lying on the table as well...?
Kim { August 18, 2011 at 9:28 PM }
Skye, great ideas! Thanks.
Anonymous { April 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM }
Could use a bit of shadowing to ground the vase also. I really like the the flowers and the shimmer on the wall.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com