Dorm Room Blackboard

 Remember the Blackboard of Blossoms? This is its cousin, Bloomin' Blackboard. It is getting stuck to the dorm room wall. 


 It is a roll or chalkboard paper. I got it at Michaels. The paint is craft acrylic.


 I selected three sizes of circle patterns: a spool, and the top and bottom of a plastic cup. I traced them onto the blackboard paper with a chalk pencil and painted. 

 The outlining was done with white acrylic paint and a tip pen. You could also use a paint marker.


Not sure whether the girls will hang it vertically or horizontally. It could go either way. Pretty cute for $4.99 and 2 hours of designing and painting.


Use your Vitamin C!

2 creative thoughts:

Sylvie { September 2, 2011 at 4:17 PM }
Hey!! Tell me, how do you "prime" blackboard paper like this? The stuff I've bought doesn't act like a black-board, so I know I'm missing a step. Help???

(p.s. this is adorable! you know I love a good blackboard!)
Kim { September 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM }
The more I write on mine, the better it gets, so you could prime it the same way you do a spray on blackboard. Rub chalk all over it, and wipe it off.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com